People should be aware that this supplement may not be enough if we take it only from foods that provide zinc. That’s why specialists recommend taking an additional supplement:
- On weak ground with fatigue and reduced defense to prevent and reduce the duration of repeated infections, such as the common cold.
- It is also recommended to be consumed during pregnancy and lactation.
- Few people know that it plays a very important role in regulating sex hormones because it improves fertility in both sexes. It has also been shown to help protect against erectile dysfunction and prostate problems.
- People who go to the gym and want to increase muscle mass, zinc will promote adequate levels of testosterone, which in turn acts as an anabolic hormone.
- The combination of zinc-copper trace elements can be useful in menstrual disorders, such as painful, irregular periods or amenorrhea (lack of menstruation).
- The combination of zinc-nickel-cobalt trace elements would be indicated in case of insulin resistance and when there are symptoms of poor blood sugar regulation: sudden fierce hunger, drowsiness after meals or asthenia and lack of concentration within a few hours of meals.
- In addition to all these benefits, it also helps to improve acne, as it regulates the sebaceous glands of the skin and by promoting the absorption of vitamin A.
- Due to its role in the synthesis of keratin, it can be interesting in people with fragile and fragile hair and nails.
- And last but not least, it is also recommended in case of osteoporosis, because as I said, it helps to synthesize collagen, which is essential for strong bones.
In conclusion, researchers say that smarter people have more zinc and copper in their hair follicles, but why it is not known. Whole grain fittings can reduce zinc absorption, which should be considered especially in vegan diets where there is already a lower contribution of this mineral.